Skip to main content

DELL Technical Support - Not half bad...



Got my new Dell Inspiron 1464 about 2 weeks back.

Paid about RM2600 for it.

That was after paying about RM2300 getting a second Macbook to replace the one that got stolen from my car 4 months back.

Ouch...

Anyhoo, back to my new Dell Inspiron.
Loved the whole thing. Looked awesome. Performed good on graphics and video editing. In short, all that I was looking for for that price range in a laptop.

Except for one... The batteries absolutely SUCKED!

I only managed to get about 2 hours doing the most basic tasks. Then I read up on them, and found that they should last about 2.5 to 3 hours. Felt I was being shortchanged.

Looked up on the website. Registered for this and that. Filled in the forms. Sent the complaints, Felt confident as they said they would respond within next working day.

Waited 2 days... Nothing.

Got agitated, and spent 30 minutes on the website, trying to figure out who to call.

Finally got a number.

Was asked to key in my Express Service number or something. Keyed that in. Response was "I am sorry, we do not have that number on record. Please check again"

wtf?...

I do...

Same response. But the system directs me to a consultant.

I brace myself to start a verbal war.

And then I am greeted by a pleasant female voice in pleasant proper English.

I direct my complaints and frustrations to her.

She answers professionally, and is able to field the questions well.

She guides me through diagnostics, and we run the tests together, me on my end and her a few hundred miles away.

We chat while we are doing the tests.

She is very pleasant.

At the end of the exchange she says "You are right sir, by right the battery shouldn't discharge that quickly. I'll send you a replacement. It should arrive tomorrow"

I smile.

After the hassle of the computerised ringamarole I went through, it was at the end of the day another human being who managed to see my problem, and do something about it.

How's that for customer service?

Kudos to the people at Dell.

Disclaimer: This post is not a marketing tool for Dell, and the writer does not get paid for his opinions.

Comments

Cat-from-Sydney said…
Nope, we're not migrating from Mac to PC yet, despite your persuasion. hahahaha...purrr...meow!
Hahahaha!!! I loved my Mac too.. until my car got broken into and the Macbook stolen. Now all I feel whenever I look at those lovely white unibody shells is pain and loss...
Greg Wee said…
Wow. New Toy. Splotch splotch splotch. (saliva hits the floor)
Hehehehe...Yeah baby!!!
Razee Salleh said…
Hi Bro,

Brilliant! I am so jealous right now, you have a new toy.
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Premature Mid-Life Crisis?

"Sejak bila lu jadi mat rempit beb?" (Translation: Since when did you become a street racer?) Were the first words that blazed onto the screen of my Dopod PDA Phone when I told my cousin that I had bought a bike. I mean...Is it that strange that I happened to work my butt off, save up, and buy one of the meanest most beautiful bikes I ever set my eyes on? I mean...just look at it... Shiny jet black finish, laced with highlights of blazing red, topped with rugged racing streaks...  I think I just wiped a tear off my face... No, no, don't get all worked up... I haven't gone off the wall. It's just that with the increase in fuel price, it seems silly to spend RM600 just going to and from work every day... Think about it, that's a month and a half's pay for my maid! Just to get to and from work!  So, I figured this would be a good compromise - maybe 2 or 3 days a week going to work by bike, and going to the local stores, local eateries, and even the local mosq...

TESL my TESL...

Every journey has a beginning, and an ending... And thus, my wonderful journey that I embarked on as a lecturer to my first Drama in Education cohort is almost coming to an end... I remember seeing them all, one by one, their faces eager to learn, but shying away in the beginning, all reserved in the small cocoons of their own little worlds... And when they opened up, one by one, I saw in them different, beautiful personalities, each unique in their own way... each finding a place in my affections...and eventually each finding a place in my heart. Yesterday night was a special night that marked the ending of this journey with them, on the one hand a sense of overwhelming pride that I had directly played a part in their journeys as teachers, building the very foundation of our nation, and even more so, as human beings, being the very essence of who they were and what they became... To commemorate this night, I sang for them... A tune that they all knew and loved... A tune that we shared...

The Ones That Got Away : The sign

I couldn't believe it! I actually managed to pass my Chemistry Finals!!! All the blood, sweat and tears that went into trying to understand my most hated subject finally paid off... I held the result slip in my hand, not daring to let go... As if letting go would mean that I would let go of the pass that I had obtained. I smiled. We both knew we would finally be where we dreamed of the entire time we were in school... University. That magical place where dreams would be made into reality. That place where we could become all that we wanted to become... To start our journeys into adulthood, into the real world. And so when we got our offer letters, it was with mixed feelings that I said goodbye to her... Part of me was sad because it meant going our separate ways, but part of me was excited to start a new chapter in my life... I guess it didn't make a difference back then, because I knew that in my heart of hearts, we would be together in the end, no matter how long or winding t...