Photo credit here.
I just spent the last 2 hours getting a certain student to leave my room.
He had failed the course due to a few reasons:
1) His English was very weak
2) He regularly skipped classes, and did not even bother coming up with an explanation
3) He missed a consultation assessment, worth 10% of his total marks
4) He missed his final presentation assessment, worth 15% of his total marks
5) He lacked the initiative to even do anything about it until I put out his total marks in the system. Of course by then, the marks would have been finalised
Worst of all, he spent two hours in my room pleading, crying, snivelling, just for me to push up his marks. Two hours of my extremely precious time gone... two hours of my life, snatched away from me...
Some people just can't accept the universal fact - You eat, you pay...
It's just no use crying over spilt milk.
And it's no use crying over two wasted hours of your life listening to sob stories...