Picture credit here
A lot of my readers may be wondering why the past two months have been extremely quiet here in Lobo's Lessons.
Well folks, truth is so much has gone down the past two months I can barely recall anything. It's all one big blur. Next thing I know, the semester has just started again, and I'm left with the question:
..."Where'd my holidays go?"...
Let me fill you in on some of what I can remember from these past two months:
1) End of term - marking frenzy to submit marks on time.
2) Once marking was done, got 2 SPACE UTM classes for part-time students - 1 in Kuching and 1 in JB (thank God...last year it was Kuching and KL).
3) Fly off to Kuching every other weekend, and go straight back to work the following Monday.
4) Teach weekend classes in JB every other weekend, and go straight to work on Monday.
5) Attend MELTA conference while still actively doing what needs to be done back at the faculty.
6) Was awarded post of Head of Committee for level 2 English, in charge of a mixture of 30-odd regular lecturers and part-timers, and not to mention the 2300 students who take the course every single semester
7) Was given post of Committee member in the UTM-TLDM programme
8) Was part of the testing and evaluation committee that vets all examination papers of all the English programmes. Had to do extra work because of a new policy - to have exam papers for regulars, exam papers for SPACE, make-up exam for regulars, make-up exam for SPACE, etc etc.
9) Set up and run department workshops
10)Prepare my PhD proposal.
11) Send my PhD proposal to all prospective universities.
12) Contact prospective supervisors.
13) Go for compulsary JPA research methodology course to qualify for the scholarship.
14) Teach Korean kids.
15) Judge competitions outside uni.
16) Prepare claims that have been backlogged since last year - God knows if I'll get them.
17) Set up and run UTM Toastmasters meetings seeing that I'm Vice-president.
17) And a myriad other things...
Had a tough 2 months? Well, maybe after reading this you'll feel better about your life...
Sounds like I'm being a sour grape here doesn't it?, buuuuut I'm just venting here...
I actually LOVE my job!!! ;)