Skip to main content

Cow's head conundrum



Fifty local residents protest the building of a temple by marching with a bloodied cow's head.

They want to march in protest? Fine, it is their right. I would probably do the same if I felt extremely provoked in some way, over an issue that was important to me.

Marching with a severed cow's head? Stupid, irresponsible, uncouth, insensitive, moronic, and totally idiotic.

The very fact that these protesters chose to desecrate the religious symbol of another race and religion shows how small minded, how provincial, how insensitive they are of basic respect among human beings, especially in a country such as ours. Don't they realise that they have desecrated something holy to other people?

Don't they realise that this action is the same as a group of Hindus marching through the streets, protesting the building of a mosque, with a burnt Quran in hand???

It is an act of open aggression. An act of open war.

Is this how we would like others to treat us?
Does the rule to do unto others how you want others to do unto you no longer apply?

You can protest, yes, but NEVER can you show this amount of disrespect to people of another race or religion.

In the Holy Quran it is stated in Surah Al-Kafiroon:
"Lakum deenukum wa liya deen" (for you your religion/way of life, and for me my religion). Muslims need to truly understand this ayah in the Holy Quran to be able to develop into a more tolerant people worldwide.

Even the Prophet (peace be upon him) never in his whole life indulged in this behaviour. In fact, in the Medinah Accord, the Jews (as Non-Muslims) were given the same accord, protection, and rights to their religion, as long as they did not disturb the peace, and fought side by side with their Muslim compatriots should Medinah be attacked from an outside threat. Medinah, under the guidance of the Prophet (p.b.u.h) was a haven of peace, and religious equality.

As Muslims, I think we need to reevaluate ourselves. Instead of taking the Zionist stance of "We are the chosen people of God, and we will prevail", I think we should start thinking in terms of "If we are the chosen people of God, then let our deeds to others show it".

They too are creations of our Lord.

Comments

arsaili said…
salam..too much...nak protest do it in reasonable manner
Abdullah said…
My thoughts exactly bro..there are ways to do this... what they did was not one of them.
percicilan said…
And these ninkampoops will start to argue they are doing something right.. crazy idiots...
IGGY / JERRY said…
Bro very well said. Im sure you have travelled n lived in in then west, look at the beautiful mosques built in the so called " Christian" countries than never was a thorn in the flesh for the people living there. The late Pope John Paul II n now the present Pope Benedict xVi, made sure he visits the mosques in every country he visit not only to bless his brothers of the Book but to show tolerence n respect to other religons. Mr Barrack Obama is doing the same. I know many of my Muslim friends share the same sentiment about this act. What more me as a Christian feel the same. Lets hope the present situation will be acted upon with peace n calmness in mind.
Abdullah said…
CC - zealotry is often the product of little knowledge

Iggy - as always, spoken with true wisdom. One can only hope that our brotherhood of man can mend the rifts between them.
Ozzie said…
bubbs,

couldn't agree more with you. it's one of those incidents that brings shame to the entire race - even religion. Upon reading the blog i found myself struggling to face my Indian colleagues - the very thought that this obnoxious act took place in a country where we have supposedly lived side by side in 'harmony' made me feel like i need to apologize to them, especially when they (my friends) have worked alongside me at my workplace, all the time respecting our religion, culture and beliefs.

shame on them.

and to think that they would be the first to act and protest if something alike were to happen in reverse.
Long live the moderates and rationals in Malaysia.. Down with the zealots and the extremists..

Happy Merdeka, bro.. Have a great extended weekend..
I think you've summed it up pretty well with the use of the term 'moronic'.
Gukita said…
This is just plain stupid act, planned by stupid Ex MB who'd be better drilling and plastering teeth than representing UMNO. This turd give conflicting comments that shows his involvement and even contradicted Hishamuddin's statement. I am not surprised some refered to him as Toyol..

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

How does one forgive someone who has done them and their loved ones so much wrong?

This is a question that I struggle with, and have always struggled with for a long time. 
How does one push past the pain and suffering that a person had willingly caused, worse yet, caused to someone that they loved. We stand at the sidelines, and feel ourselves slighted, yet the pain we feel is minuscule, compared to the earth-shattering hurt our loved one experiences. Yet we are powerless, drowning in a helplessness, grasping for any lifeline that can pull ourselves out from the deep. 
How can we let go when hatred is all we know. A hatred that festered from seeds of dislike. This poison that we feed ourselves. Yet it is all we know. 
How does one tell oneself to let go?
If a person murders your son, and returns a month later, saying he is genuinely sorry; what would you do? He comes in and says he will pay for the cleaning bill, to wipe the blood stains off the floor, and to send the carpet for dry…

The End

I am in a hotel room.

It is unclear who else is in the room. It must be my family. But I am uncertain. I know I am in the room with people I love.

The hotel room is in a building that towers above ground level, and we can see all the houses below.

I am in Hawaii I think. How I know that I do not know. All I know is that we are beside the ocean.

I feel unsettled as I look out the window. Something is compelling me to look outside the window. It is getting dark. But I know by right it should not be dark. It is midday. And then I see it.

In front of me a huge storm cloud is gathering. But I start to quiver because it looks like no ordinary storm. The clouds are pitch black. Black as death. My eyes follow their shape to where they originate. I gasp.

I see a gigantic water spout, a tornado in the ocean, funnelling its energy to the black cloud. The water spout is also pitch black. Rain now pours uncontrollably. It is a hurricane at its full blast, but not just that. It is much, much more.

My first fast food experience ever

Growing up in the UK in the late 70s and 80s, it was almost impossible to get fast food that was halal. Definitely not like what it is today.

Back in the day, we lived in many different places when I was growing up, but I consider Bath to be my where I struck my roots.

As a kid you don’t really remember many things that were not within your immediate scope of experience. Everything was taken care of by your parents, and that is something I have go to remember again with my own children. Sometimes I expect them to be aware more of what is going on around them, but when I remember my own childhood, all we knew was we did what our parents told us, moved where they moved, went where they went etc.

Anyway, I’m rambling.

Back to what I was saying, It was literally impossible to get fast food, and all we could do was just imagine how the burgers would taste. Fries or chips was not too much of an issue because we were able to eat Fish and Chips, especially from Evans in the middle of town af…