Skip to main content

Moving house

A couple of months ago, when my parents moved house, I saw the biggest collection of stuff I had ever set my eyes on. Old stuff, new stuff, used stuff, unused stuff... You name it, they had it.

And it all had to be moved...

It was then that I said to my wife these words:
"We're lucky. When we move it's going to be much easier, cos we don't have that much stuff..."

Boy...

Was I soooooooo wrong...


Two weeks of pain...packing.

One day of pure agony...lifting and sifting.

Unending torture...unpacking.


Pain...Agony...Torture...

But at the end of the day, the best feeling one could ever have.


I now have a spacious, beautiful house

To call my own... :)

Comments

rumah baru??

rumah raya??




ada langsir baru??
hahahahhaaaa.....
izzati fuad said…
heh..ayat encik lah memang besh. wanna visit ur house! ahaks.
Tok Rimau said…
Terlupa langsung hari penting ni. Sori tak membantu.
azie said…
cik lahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!


err..when are u going to invite us to ur home?

new home

ehehe

sorry couldn't help u out.
Yana Ismail said…
ehehehe..bila nak jemput kami ke rumah baru you?auwww:)hehe
Garam,

langsir baru..
rumah baru..

org rumah...lama...

hehehehehehehehe...


Ijat,

Ayat yang mana tu? X boleh nak pilih yang mana best...hehehe..


Tok,

Wa tau lu sibuk cari Rolex Oyster gua.


Azie,

I'll invite you for the doa selamat...tp nak kena masak lah nnt.. ;)

But seriously, everyone, pls feel free to drop by any time...ur more than welcome to drop by.
Greg Wee said…
That reminds me of the song from this TV sitcom in the 70s:
Movin' on up...
To the East side...
We're finally gonna get a piece of the pie.
Missus A said…
You are still in Jay Bee?
Congrats on the new house :)
Greg,
Which sitcom was that? But I like the pie part..hehehehe..

CC,
Eeeeyup, still here in good ol JB... If ever ur in town, just give me a buzz and me and the wife would be more than happy to have u here.
This comment has been removed by the author.
affendik? said…
i share u joy, sir =]

n i really like the green, grassy spot in your ouse,by the way. hehe
irwan,
thanks for the help..I really couldn't have done it without u :)

Popular posts from this blog

Premature Mid-Life Crisis?

"Sejak bila lu jadi mat rempit beb?" (Translation: Since when did you become a street racer?) Were the first words that blazed onto the screen of my Dopod PDA Phone when I told my cousin that I had bought a bike. I mean...Is it that strange that I happened to work my butt off, save up, and buy one of the meanest most beautiful bikes I ever set my eyes on? I mean...just look at it... Shiny jet black finish, laced with highlights of blazing red, topped with rugged racing streaks...  I think I just wiped a tear off my face... No, no, don't get all worked up... I haven't gone off the wall. It's just that with the increase in fuel price, it seems silly to spend RM600 just going to and from work every day... Think about it, that's a month and a half's pay for my maid! Just to get to and from work!  So, I figured this would be a good compromise - maybe 2 or 3 days a week going to work by bike, and going to the local stores, local eateries, and even the local mosq...

TESL my TESL...

Every journey has a beginning, and an ending... And thus, my wonderful journey that I embarked on as a lecturer to my first Drama in Education cohort is almost coming to an end... I remember seeing them all, one by one, their faces eager to learn, but shying away in the beginning, all reserved in the small cocoons of their own little worlds... And when they opened up, one by one, I saw in them different, beautiful personalities, each unique in their own way... each finding a place in my affections...and eventually each finding a place in my heart. Yesterday night was a special night that marked the ending of this journey with them, on the one hand a sense of overwhelming pride that I had directly played a part in their journeys as teachers, building the very foundation of our nation, and even more so, as human beings, being the very essence of who they were and what they became... To commemorate this night, I sang for them... A tune that they all knew and loved... A tune that we shared...

The Ones That Got Away : The sign

I couldn't believe it! I actually managed to pass my Chemistry Finals!!! All the blood, sweat and tears that went into trying to understand my most hated subject finally paid off... I held the result slip in my hand, not daring to let go... As if letting go would mean that I would let go of the pass that I had obtained. I smiled. We both knew we would finally be where we dreamed of the entire time we were in school... University. That magical place where dreams would be made into reality. That place where we could become all that we wanted to become... To start our journeys into adulthood, into the real world. And so when we got our offer letters, it was with mixed feelings that I said goodbye to her... Part of me was sad because it meant going our separate ways, but part of me was excited to start a new chapter in my life... I guess it didn't make a difference back then, because I knew that in my heart of hearts, we would be together in the end, no matter how long or winding t...